[BRLTTY] keycodes description

Aura Kelloniemi kaura.dev at sange.fi
Mon Dec 2 06:49:15 EST 2019

Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> writes:
 > Aura Kelloniemi, le ven. 29 nov. 2019 12:47:10 +0200, a ecrit:
 > > That is exactly my point. As I explained, Rust tooling does not currently
 > > support system- or even user-wide installations of libraries.

 > ?

 > I'm surprised: Debian has a lot of librust-something-dev packages.

These packages only install source code. I quote an explanation below:

"Rust doesn't have a stable ABI. In fact, each version of rustc names
libraries it compiles with a specific hash (first N bytes of md5 hash of
version IIRC) that way it will never try to link to a different version. None
of the non-binary crates are built with the idea of multiple consumers. Do you
want to have 100500 version of the same library and dynamically link them?"

[https://www.reddit.com/r/rust/comments/800f8l/why_is_crateinstall_only_used_for_binaries/]

--
Aura