[BRLTTY] Braille Display

Justin Cunningham just1brill at outlook.com
Sat Dec 14 10:01:53 EST 2019

Hey Shérab,

Ok thanks. Then in my own code made for the devices mechanism, that uses what brl_writeWindow sent it. Sounds fairly straightforward.

Thanks,
Justin

On 14 Dec 2019 13:35, Shérab <Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org> wrote:

Hello,

Justin Cunningham (2019/12/14 12:26 +0000):
> Also, sorry if I’m asking many questions as I’m not the most advanced,
> this is quite challenging for me but I do intend to have it completed,
> you’ll probably see that in my next question. But, the drivers never
> actually programme how each product work mechanically, and I know
> they’re not supposed to. Would that be a separate file that would take
> the output of the buffer and display it accordingly?

It's the job of the brl_writeWindow function to take the ocntent of the
buffer and send to the device whatever is required to have that content
displayed in braille.

hth,

Shérab.