[BRLTTY] Braille Display Protocol

Justin Cunningham just1brill at outlook.com
Wed Dec 18 17:13:36 EST 2019

Hello,

I’ve wrote to this mailing list not that long ago about writing a protocol for Brltty for my prototype display which I shall be entering in my country’s top science exhibition. In fact, some of you may remember it from not that long ago.

But I had decided to write a program first that took an inputted value from a keyboard which would then activate the appropriate pins, just to show off the concept of Braille Displays and their purpose. But I have some time left to try write a protocol for Brltty.

My device is pretty barebones. It has no buttons and only one cell. I was pointed towards the ‘skeleton’/starter driver in the Brltty GitHub repository. Would that be enough (obviously after some modifying and altering) for my display?

Regards,
Justin