[BRLTTY] Braille Display Protocol

Justin Cunningham just1brill at outlook.com
Thu Dec 19 11:21:27 EST 2019

Hello,

> The difficulty is that integration with a screen reader, e.g.
> brltty, isn't ultimately very useful if there isn't any way to navigate the
> braille display around the screen.

I see I’ve been misinterpreting what a screen reader does. I always thought that the text that is displayed to you is the text that the mouse is currently hovering over. When I played around with NVDA, the narrator spoke the text being hovered over so I just assumed the same applied to Braille Displays but I must be wrong.

We’re just trying to show that the prototype also works independent of human input (e.g. right now, we have to manually type a character).

Thanks,
Justin