[BRLTTY] brltty 6.0 testing report

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Tue Feb 12 03:40:40 EST 2019

Hello,

高生旺, le mar. 12 févr. 2019 10:11:31 +0800, a ecrit:
> Another question is how to read big5 pages and files?
> There are still many pages on the web nowadayss.
> If it possible to let brltty to autoconvert big5 to utf-8?

Your web browser should be doing it already. If the webpage doesn't
properly announce big5 encoding you will have to tell your browser about
it.

For editors, I don't know if big5 can be auto-detected safely, if not
you also have to tell the editor about the encoding.

> Or are there any tools may help me to read those pages on line?

You can also use

iconv -f big5 -t utf-8 < file.txt.big5 > file.txt.utf8

Samuel