[BRLTTY] Update on QWERTY Keyboard

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Fri Jan 4 19:34:04 EST 2019

[quoted lines by Rob on 2019/01/04 at 15:27 -0600]

>> Not exactly. Many braille displays handle qwerty keyboards much better.
>
>Such as which ones, might I ask?

Of course you can ask! The problem, in this case, is that which ones have a
qwerty keyboard isn't exactly in the fore-front of my memory. I'd need to do a
bit of code research to figure it out. Maybe others on this list who have them
can comment on how well (or not) their qwerty keyboard(s) work.

>I like my Hims qwerty

I've no doubt that the quality of their devices may well be good in every other
way. Each type of braille device - regardless of its vendor - has its flaws -
none are perfect. The way that HIMS has designed the protocol for their qwerty
and braille keyboards just happens to be one of their weaker points. As usual,
though, it might be too late for them to correct it.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |