[BRLTTY] Hims BrailleEdge clipboard functions

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Tue Jan 29 13:45:44 EST 2019

[quoted lines by Chris Moore on 2019/01/29 at 10:17 -0500]

>Is it possible that the routing key is not being recognized as part of the
>three key combination?

Yes, indeed that's so with the Edge. I just looked at brltty's help for it.
You'll see a comma, which means press the left part first and then the right
part. For example, for "start new clipboard at character", first press
RightPadLeft+RightPadUp and then, separately, press the routing key.

Some braille devices require this sort of sequence because they don't send
individual press and release events. In other words, they just send one packet
that specifies the whole combination.

So now I bet you're wondering why the debug log shows both rpesses and
releases. The answer is that the driver is faking them to the core.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |