[BRLTTY] Hims BrailleEdge clipboard functions

Chris Moore chris.w1gm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 10:17:49 EST 2019

> On Jan 27, 2019, at 9:50 PM, Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:
>
> [quoted lines by Chris Moore on 2019/01/27 at 17:29 -0500]
>
>> The clipboard functions for Hims BrailleEdge appear not to be working.
>> When I enter learn mode, only the insert clipboard at cursor (RightPadLeft+RightPadRight) returns a valid function name.
>> The other four clipboard functions return an “Alert 10” message.
>>
>> What can I do to help track this down?
>
> Posting a debug log (as an attachment) would be very helpful. Please run brltty
> with these two additional options:
>
>   -ldebug,brlkeys (this -l is lowercase0
>   -L/path/to/logfile (this -L is uppercase)
>
> While capturing the debug log, press each key or key combination in some
> specific order (your choice), and then let us know exactly what that order was.
> This'll help us correlate the log with what you actually did.
> Dave,
I’ve attached a log.  I pressed the following key combinations:
RightPadLeft+RightPadUp+RoutingKey
RightPadUp+RightPadRight+RoutingKey
RightPadLeft+RightPadRight

I found the output in the log by searching for the word “press”.
Is it possible that the routing key is not being recognized as part of the three key combination?

The test wass quite easy to run, so I’m happy to run some additional tests.

Chris