[BRLTTY] google chromebook and brltty

Cheryl Homiak cahomiak at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 17:31:12 EDT 2019

I no longer need answers to these questions! I found a really clear how-to for changing to developer mode in Youtube and successfully switched to developer mode. At that point I was able to start brltty which was already on the system but apparently only available in developer mode. I was also able to use the terminal for ssh, which was one of my primary goals, by doing control-alt-t for terminal and then typing shell which would of course not work without developer mode. Ssh then worked. I am so thrilled! . I have also discovered that brltty works outside of terminal though I still am going to have a lot to learn to use it with the gui. When I powered off and turned the computer on again I found that brltty started immediately; the first time I had not had the braille display connected and so ended up typing brltty in terminal after connecting the display.