[BRLTTY] Using the Orbit Reader 20 with BRLTTY and Orca

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Tue Jun 11 22:41:00 EDT 2019

[quoted lines by Nolan Darilek on 2019/06/10 at 11:52 -0500]

>So this is odd. With the previously-mentioned lines in my config file, I saw
>the following in BRLTTY logs whenever I restarted Orca:
>

>Jun 10 10:54:44 desktop brltty[4206]: no matching user or group
>
>And yet:
>

>$ groups
>nolan wheel libvirt brlapi docker
>
>So not sure what's going on there. I enabled local-only auth via a Unix
>socket, though, and now everything works fine. I'm not clear on why BRLTTY
>rejected a group membership check that appears correctly configured, but it
>seems to be a non-issue now.

If I'm understanding correctly, it started to work after you enabled the needed
capability within the kernel. It didn't work before, therefore, because the
kernel, without that capability enabled, was unable to support what you'd
configured.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |