[BRLTTY] Using the Orbit Reader 20 with BRLTTY and Orca

Nolan Darilek nolan at thewordnerd.info
Tue Jun 11 23:16:47 EDT 2019

On 6/11/19 9:41 PM, Dave Mielke wrote:

> If I'm understanding correctly, it started to work after you enabled the needed
> capability within the kernel. It didn't work before, therefore, because the
> kernel, without that capability enabled, was unable to support what you'd
> configured.

If by "kernel" you mean the Linux kernel, I did nothing at all with the
kernel. I simply replaced this line:

#api-parameters Auth=group:brlapi        # Allow some local group

with this one:

api-parameters Host=:0            # Accept only local Unix connections

And then it worked. But my user is in the brlapi group, so I'm not clear
on why I received logs implying that it wasn't. Nothing was done with
the kernel.