[BRLTTY] Using the Orbit Reader 20 with BRLTTY and Orca

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Wed Jun 12 01:27:07 EDT 2019

[quoted lines by Nolan Darilek on 2019/06/11 at 22:16 -0500]

>If by "kernel" you mean the Linux kernel, I did nothing at all with the
>kernel. I simply replaced this line:
>
>#api-parameters Auth=group:brlapi        # Allow some local group
>
>with this one:
>
>api-parameters Host=:0            # Accept only local Unix connections

okay. That's what you meant by:

>I enabled local-only auth via a Unix socket.

>And then it worked. But my user is in the brlapi group, so I'm not clear on
>why I received logs implying that it wasn't.

It's been a long time since I've looked at the capability, but I don't think
that it's possible to determine which user and/or groups the client is in when
an IP socket is being used.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |