[BRLTTY] keycodes description

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun Nov 24 10:00:33 EST 2019

[quoted lines by Shérab on 2019/11/24 at 12:20 +0100]

>Aura Kelloniemi (2019/11/23 18:07 +0200):
>> Can I use this new API across FFI

What's FFI?

>> without the need for using the CPP macros, as they probably cannot be nicely
>> translated to Rust code?
>
>Well I guess you may want to use some awk scripts to generate Rust
>things form the .h files in order to take advantage of the symbolic
>values.

Sébastien is referring to the way that the symbols are already generated for
the existing bindings. There are a set of awk scripts which "know" how to parse
the C headers. Each binding suppliees its own awk script that provides hanlers
for then writing the symbols into the file(s) and with the format that it
needs. You can see examples of these scripts by looking in
Bindings/<language>/constatns.awk. To take advantage of this infrastructure
you'd need to create Bindings/Rust/, and include ../../bindings.mk within your
make file.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |