[BRLTTY] Windows First Run

Oriana Neulinger o.neulinger at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 18:51:37 EDT 2019

Sorry if this creates a new thread, i couldn't figure out how to reply to a
thread presented in "digest mode".

Further experiments:

1) On 6.0, running the app "brltty in debug mode" caused a command prompt
to open and run, but we were unable to set any choices, it got stuck in a
loop in not finding a usb device (pebkac issue, later solved), but we were
unable to find the log afterward. Still, if we can hack this bat, it might
provide some kind of solution, since the program was at least found.

2) Downloaded and installed 5.6. There is still no app to run BRLTTY in the
apps menu, and the command prompt still doesn't recognize the command.
After successfully completing the setup of the alva's new serial-to-usb
converter (whoops) and correctly setting the configurator app we tried the
debugging app again and after the command prompt displayed a whole lot of...

serial: output: (hex)
output packet: sent: (hex)

...the alva changed it's display from the alva boot-up message to the
letter "t" regardless of active window and cursor position.

Hey, a mote of success.

We still couldn't find the log file though.

3) conclusion: Unless the debugging application is a totally different
binary, i think i might be able to walk her through creating a script to
put in her startup menu, but now it seems we have a new problem *sweatdrop*