[BRLTTY] Windows First Run

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Tue Oct 8 22:39:27 EDT 2019

[quoted lines by Chevelle on 2019/10/08 at 20:58 -0400]

>Yes, possibly when you zip the files and move it to another system, the
>security properties get changed.

Perhaps, but, to my knowledge, the .zip file isn't being made with any special
security properties.

>There is a description of how to create a batch file that elevates itself at
>this URL.
>
>https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6811372/how-to-code-a-bat-file-to-always-run-as-admin-mode

The explanation of that code says that it creates a .vbs script which elevates
the privilegs and then reruns the original .bat script. Mightn't it be better,
then, to just rewrite each of the three .bat scruots as .vbs scripts?

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |