[BRLTTY] Windows First Run

Chevelle cstrobel at crosslink.net
Tue Oct 8 20:58:16 EDT 2019

     Yes, possibly when you zip the files and move it to another system,
the security properties get changed.  There is a description of how to
create a batch file that elevates itself at this URL.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6811372/how-to-code-a-bat-file-to-always-run-as-admin-mode

I did it as an experiment, and it will install, but as they point out,
it might get flagged by virus scanners because it was a technique that
viruses use.

It is also possible to use Windows elevate programs in the batch file.

After Brltty is installed and NVDA is configured to work with it, it
only works at the login screen.  After that it stops working. Oddly it
also works if the User Account Control Dialogue comes up.  I'm not sure
if this is an NVDA issue.

This is a sample batch file:

set "params=%*"
cd /d "%~dp0" && ( if exist "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" del
"%temp%\getadmin.vbs" ) && fsutil dirty query %systemdrive% 1>nul 2>nul
|| (  echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) :
UAC.ShellExecute "cmd.exe", "/k cd ""%~sdp0"" && %~s0 %params%", "",
"runas", 1 >> "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" && "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" && exit /B )
@echo off
"%~dp0bin\brltty" -I
if NOT %ERRORLEVEL% == 0  exit /B %ERRORLEVEL%
net start BrlAPI