[BRLTTY] Windows First Run

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun Oct 6 23:57:38 EDT 2019

[quoted lines by Chevelle on 2019/10/06 at 20:34 -0400]

>I still don't have it working.  The message
>
>BRLTTY 6.0 rev unknown comes up if you run 'brltty' manually.  n.  I don't know if that is harmless or not.

Not withstanding my previous explanation, I just built the latest brltty code
on a Windows 10 system using its mkwin script in the usual way. I get the
following output when I cd to the directory where the install.bat script is and
type install:

BRLTTY 6.0 rev BRLTTY-6.0-76-gbb47e22eM [http://brltty.app/]
brltty.exe: service installed: BrlAPI
The Braille API (BrlAPI) service is starting.
The Braille API (BrlAPI) service was started successfully.

So, two things:

First: The revision isn't unknown - it's displayed correctly on the banner
line.

Second: It isn't reporting that the service name is invalid. The BrlAPI service
is being installed and started successfully.

I suppose that my account on this system could have been defined in "the right
way", whatever that is, but I've no idea what to look for.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |