[BRLTTY] Making postmarketOS blind-accessible

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Wed Aug 19 18:20:06 EDT 2020

> On Aug 19, 2020, at 15:09, Dave Mielke <Dave at mielke.cc> wrote:
>
> Yes, keeping in mind that there may be places throughout the world where even
> that might be a bit too much. In other words, mere encouragement may not be
> enough.

Putting an Accessibility page into the pmOS wiki is a useful first effort at
getting the attention of pmOS developers.  However, these are really early
days for all of the pmOS porting efforts, so trying to force developers to
take on more challenges may be self-defeating.  That said, if we can make it
justifiable and easy to add serial adapter support, some will probably do so.

> To a blind person - especially a person who's both blind and deaf - his/her
> braille device is his/her screen. As such, doing what one can to ensure that
> these devices work ought to be treated with equal importance.
>
> Other situations which make braille without speech essential include public
> environments like malls, transit, and places of work. A blind user deserves
> access to just as much privacy as a sighted person does.

no argument here...

-r