[BRLTTY] Making postmarketOS blind-accessible

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Wed Aug 19 18:38:11 EDT 2020

[quoted lines by Rich Morin on 2020/08/19 at 15:20 -0700]

>these are really early days for all of the pmOS porting efforts, so trying to
>force developers to take on more challenges may be self-defeating.

I agree. I'm just saying that "encouragement", to me, is a bit weak. But, yes,
"force" is way too strong. I prefer polite, patient, persistent "pursuasion". I
don't think that a lot of people understand accessibility very well, and need
to learn, each at his/her own pace.

>That said, if we can make it justifiable and easy to add serial adapter
>support, some will probably do so.

Hopefully, it's usually as easy as enabling the needed kernel parameters,
possibly accompanied with some debate with those who initially see it as just
some amount of needlessly wasted memory which is only to be consumed by those
who actually need it.

>no argument here...

I know. :-) I'm just giving you arguments to use.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |