[BRLTTY] Newbie curious about Inceptor braille display driver.

tony seth larimer420 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 12:41:50 EST 2020

Heya there again Dave:
Sorry for the long absence but have recently come down with a nasty
bug. Almost over it now though, and have been playing with the latest
development version, and here's what I've found.
The bluetooth still doesn't work unless I set the braille-driver to hm
option, although I can now get it to connect. It does not work well in
that mode however, but it works pretty well in usb.
All of this goes along with what you told me to expect.
The interesting thing I discovered, was that the commit before this
one, the key combinations worked very well, and I could get into and
out of help prefereferences and such just fine.
With the latest commit, I can still get into and out of help, but not
into preferences, as the way to do that seems to have changed.
I used spacebar plus r to toggle the preferences menu but now the
option seems to be spacebar plus dot8.
The problem here is that the Brailleme doesn't have eight dot braille.
Not sure how to address this.
Thanks much for any help.