[BRLTTY] Newbie curious about Inceptor braille display driver.

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Thu Jan 16 13:42:30 EST 2020

[quoted lines by tony seth on 2020/01/16 at 09:41 -0800]

>The bluetooth still doesn't work unless I set the braille-driver to hm option,
>although I can now get it to connect. It does not work well in that mode
>however,

I don't think I'd updated the apk. This has now been done. Please upgrade to it
and try setting the braille driver to ic.

Note that the Bluetooth bindings are fewer, and also different from the USB
ones. When you use Bluetooth, use Space+r (dots 1235) for help.

>but it works pretty well in usb.
>The interesting thing I discovered, was that the commit before this one, the
>key combinations worked very well, and I could get into and out of help
>prefereferences and such just fine. With the latest commit, I can still get
>into and out of help, but not into preferences, as the way to do that seems to
>have changed. I used spacebar plus r to toggle the preferences menu but now
>the option seems to be spacebar plus dot8.

Yes, I changed it to Dot7+Dot6 in order to save the letter r for later.

>The problem here is that the Brailleme doesn't have eight dot braille. Not
>sure how to address this.

That's not a problem. The key to the left of Space is Dot7, and the one to the
right is Dot8. Those dot keys can still be typed even though their
corresponding dots can't be displayed. Also, the fact that a key may officially
correspsond to a dot has nothing at all to do with how it's used within a key
combinati9on that involves other (non-dot) keys.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |