[BRLTTY] BRLTTY and continious reading of E-books

Sergei V. Fleytin fleytin at yandex.ru
Wed Jul 8 07:46:16 EDT 2020

Hello,

I remember this topic to be discussed many years ago, but, perhaps, there
are some news about which I have missed.

I wonder if there is a way of convenient reading of e-text in Linux console.
I know that you can use editors VIM or Emacs, which both have read only mode
and ability to place bookmarks in the texts. But it would be nice if we had
a simple app with the following features:

1.	Possibility of reading long texts with Braille device just by
pressing panning buttons without a need to go to the next or previous page
when we reach the bottom or top of screen.
2.	Ability to automatically save last reading position so that we could
easily resume reading of the last book. Ideally it would be great if we
could have it for a number of file we open with such utility.
3.	Ability to place bookmarks for the particular book so that we could
later go to the place we saved.
4.	Simple searching capability.

Since BRLTTY has built in help capability which allows reading with panning
buttons I suspect that such an app may be possible. If there is no separate
solution, then maybe it would be possible to add this feature in BRLTTY
itself?

С уважением

Сергей Флейтин

With best regards