[BRLTTY] latest git fails on osx

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Wed Jun 3 14:09:19 EDT 2020

[quoted lines by rmgls on 2020/06/03 at 19:54 +0200]

>i sent it  this afternoon but does not matter,
>i attach it again.

Thanks. I didn't check for an attachment when reading your earlier message.
It's always best to alert me to it.

What's failing is the linking of tbl2hex. Are you configuring with
--enable-standalone-programs? I don't think that static linking on Mac OS X has
ever been tested, so, if that's what you're doing, I'm not surprised that there
may be a problem (or more) with it. Unfortunately, it's something I can't look
into properly without access to a Mac.

>as my lack of knowledge can see, it is tlb2hex which fails,
>but (not sure of course).

We don't expect any of our users to have technical expertise. That's why it's
important to send us the facts, i.e. logs, rather than guesses and/or quotes
from memory.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |