[BRLTTY] BrlAPI on Android

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Tue Jun 9 13:07:07 EDT 2020

Dave Mielke, le mar. 09 juin 2020 12:41:40 -0400, a ecrit:
> [quoted lines by Mgr. Janusz Chmiel on 2020/06/09 at 18:23 +0200]
> >I Am wondering, how complex would be to extend Brltty for Android so it
> >would only serve as A BRL APi server which would only listen for Brlapi
> >calls and would react on it but screen reading capabilities would be
> >suspended. For example, new setting or some news Brlapi method which could
> >suspend Brltty screen reading capabilities.
>
> There's no BrlAPI method to do that. I can't even imagine why that'd be
> necessary.

>From what I understand, what he asks for is already the behavior of
BrlAPI: once you have called enterTtyMode, the BrlAPI client gets all
keypresses and controls the display output, so in effect brltty's screen
reading is suspended, until the client releaves the display.

Janusz, note that there is a java examples in the bindings: Bindings/Java/TestProgram.java

Samuel