[BRLTTY] BrlAPI on Android

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Tue Jun 9 12:41:40 EDT 2020

[quoted lines by Mgr. Janusz Chmiel on 2020/06/09 at 18:23 +0200]

>Does it also have Java source code in case if special tool
>will not be able to generate .pas library header directly from .class files?

The source is in the Bindings/Java/ subdirectory of brltty's source tree.

Note that the jar also contains libbrlapi_java.so, which contains the C BrlAPI
client library and the JNI that's needed to bridge to it.

>Did you disabled obfuscation before compiling to .jar?

None of our code is obfuscated.

>I will have to study BRLAPi to understand how to send some string to
>connected braille device.

Make sure you're studying the Java objects. You should have no need to study
the C interface.

>I Am wondering, how complex would be to extend Brltty for Android so it
>would only serve as A BRL APi server which would only listen for Brlapi
>calls and would react on it but screen reading capabilities would be
>suspended. For example, new setting or some news Brlapi method which could
>suspend Brltty screen reading capabilities.

There's no BrlAPI method to do that. I can't even imagine why that'd be
necessary. If it really is then we could add the capability to brltty's
Advanced Settings screen.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |