[BRLTTY] totally dim screen new service independent on Brltty for Android suggestion

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel janusz.chmiel at volny.cz
Thu Jun 18 05:55:30 EDT 2020

Dear MR Mielke,
	I have tested turning off adaptive brightness and setting The slider
to zero. Please really, believe Me. Lamp is still lighting, even The light
is very soft and data are very hard to read by sighted user even from The
near distance of hie eyes. But electricity flows to The cristals which are
creating The letters and which represents The pixels. And catode based lamps
is still working.
This is The reason why I would like to kindly plea you if you could develop
Java service, which could really turn The display off, really off and other
apps could run normally.
The question is, if is it technically possible.
Next reason for my plea is The fact, that if user connect Braille display
device to USB port by using OTG cable, Braile device consume energy from
battery. and if you would develop new Java service, which would turn The
display totally off, really totally, not partially, it wouldallow user s of
Brltty for Android to use their battery for a longer time. Every minute is
good.
I know about USB hubs with AC adapters. But no of this HUB can charge
connected Android USB device at The same time.
My plea is really possible. Because Josue commentary screen reader contain
this code.
But it is closed source, program is written in LLua by using special Lua
units to communicate with Java APIS.
But only COmentary support totally dim display for now. May be, that if you
would have some time and if you would analyse some Java Android APIS code
and functions, you could find, if is it possible to do it rom Java.
Or if C code is necessary.