[BRLTTY] Key bindings for the Focus Blue 40 5th generation

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Mon Jun 22 19:41:39 EDT 2020

[quoted lines by Georgina Joyce on 2020/06/22 at 23:26 +0100]

>I would also like to understand this style of documentation. e.g.
>
>* enter key:
>  + Dot8
>  + Space+RightShift

It means that there are two alternatives for simulating the Enter key. If
there's only one then it's all on one line.

>that is not what I find. Dot 8 never has responded like an enter key and the
>shift space combination occasionally work.

Dot8: Is it possible that something has disabled the keyboard?

Space+RighShift: Is it opssible that there's a noticeable delay before pressing
the second key?

>I have got more recognisable results now by passing -t en.

Since -t specifies the text table, this'd mean that you're using computer
braille. It must also mean that your default text table isn't English. Which
text table is specified in your brltty.conf file? Note that you shouldn't be
specifying more than one.

If no text table is specified within your brltty.conf file, then your system's
currently configured locale is used to determine the default text table. What
is your system's locale set to? One way to check is to run this command:

   echo $LANG

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |