[BRLTTY] Key bindings for the Focus Blue 40 5th generation

Georgina Joyce gena at gena-j.me.uk
Tue Jun 23 10:56:21 EDT 2020

Hello Dave,

I an grateful for you attempting to help. But hacking messages and supplying information I didn’t ask for is not helping the situation. I want clear 6 dot braille using contracted wherever possible.

Here is my output from bratty -v
BRLTTY 5.2dev rev BRLTTY-5.1-794-g565e9b1b [http://brltty.com]
brltty: Working Directory: /home/pi
brltty: Writable Directory: /var/run/brltty
brltty: Configuration File: /etc/brltty.conf
brltty: Preferences File: brltty.prefs
brltty: Drivers Directory: /lib/brltty
brltty: Tables Directory: /etc/brltty
brltty: Text Table: en
brltty: Attributes Table: left_right
brltty: Contraction Table: en-ueb-g2
brltty: Keyboard Property: type=
brltty: Keyboard Property: vendor=
brltty: Keyboard Property: product=
brltty: Keyboard Table: none
brltty: Screen Driver: lx [Linux]
brltty: Linux Screen Driver:
brltty: Screen Parameter: charset=
brltty: Screen Parameter: hfb=
brltty: Screen Parameter: debugsfm=
brltty: BrlAPI Server: release 0.6.2
brltty: API Parameter: auth=
brltty: API Parameter: host=
brltty: API Parameter: stacksize=
brltty: Braille Driver: fs [FreedomScientific]
brltty: FreedomScientific Braille Driver:
brltty: Braille Device: bluetooth:A4:DA:32:EF:35:C4
brltty: Old Preferences File: /etc/brltty-fs.prefs
brltty: Speech Driver: no [NoSpeech]
brltty: NoSpeech Speech Driver:
brltty: Speech Input: none

> On 23 Jun 2020, at 00:41, Dave Mielke <Dave at mielke.cc> wrote:
>
> [quoted lines by Georgina Joyce on 2020/06/22 at 23:26 +0100]
>
>> I would also like to understand this style of documentation. e.g.
>>
>> * enter key:
>> + Dot8
>> + Space+RightShift
>
> It means that there are two alternatives for simulating the Enter key. If
> there's only one then it's all on one line.
>
>> that is not what I find. Dot 8 never has responded like an enter key and the
>> shift space combination occasionally work.
>
> Dot8: Is it possible that something has disabled the keyboard?
>
> Space+RighShift: Is it opssible that there's a noticeable delay before pressing
> the second key?
>
>> I have got more recognisable results now by passing -t en.
>
> Since -t specifies the text table, this'd mean that you're using computer
> braille. It must also mean that your default text table isn't English. Which
> text table is specified in your brltty.conf file? Note that you shouldn't be
> specifying more than one.
>
> If no text table is specified within your brltty.conf file, then your system's
> currently configured locale is used to determine the default text table. What
> is your system's locale set to? One way to check is to run this command:
>
>   echo $LANG
>
> --
> I believe the Bible to be the very Word of God: http://Mielke.cc/bible/
> Dave Mielke            | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
> EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc  | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
> Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |

Gena

Call: M0EBP
DMR ID: 2346259
Loc: IO83PS