[BRLTTY] Cut and paste creates clipboard bugs

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun Nov 1 19:39:03 EST 2020

Hello,

MENGUAL Jean-Philippe, le mar. 27 oct. 2020 12:21:23 +0100, a ecrit:
> BRLTTY 6.1. I run one session with a Handytech braille screen, and one with:
> brltty -b ba -x a2 --release-device -X type=terminal
>
> in the GUI session under MATE.

I guess you are using the mate-terminal?

> 1. On the terminal, select a region and copy it (or cut it) via brltty keys
> 2. Switch to another apps via alt-tab
> 3. Select a text and press ctrl-x
> 4. Try to paste with ctrl-v
>
> result: does not work always.

It couldn't reproduce the issue.

Could you recompile xbrlapi from brltty master, with #define DEBUG
uncommented, and run it with its stderr redirected to some file, and
send me the file?

> I also will try to see how to report crash bugs, the terminal brltty becomes
> unstable.

Perhaps when using cursor routing? This is probably fragile due to
fork() while running atspi.

Samuel