[BRLTTY] Problem connecting Handy Tech Actilino on Android

Lars Bjørndal lars at lamasti.net
Mon Nov 2 03:14:04 EST 2020

[Dave]

> >With TalkBack I hear a message saying Actilino connected for calls.
>
> That's an odd message for a braille device.

Actilino both has a speaker and a microphone, and is designed to also be able to be used for calls. If I remember correctly, the old main board had two different bluetooth addresses for the two features.

> >When searching for devices, there is only one Actilino device available.
>
> Yes, but if its address changed then brltty will be looking for it via the old
> one, and, therefore, not finding it.

I removed the device also from BRLTTY and readded it, before selecting it again.

I'll check it out more deeply.

Lars