[BRLTTY] Problem connecting Handy Tech Actilino on Android

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun Nov 1 16:48:40 EST 2020

[quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2020/11/01 at 22:16 +0100]

>I removed Actilino from Bluetooth devices on the Android phone, and re paired
>it. Even though I choose it from within BRLTTY settings on the Android device,
>it doesn't work.

Does it have a new Bluetooth device address? If so, you'll need to remove it
from and readd it to brltty as well. When readding it, also remember to select
it.

>BRLTTY is waiting.

That makes sense if it's looking for it using its old Bluetooth address. If the
address didn't change then it'd be some other problem.

>With TalkBack I hear a message saying Actilino connected for calls.

That's an odd message for a braille device.

>When searching for devices, there is only one Actilino device available.

Yes, but if its address changed then brltty will be looking for it via the old
one, and, therefore, not finding it.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |