[BRLTTY] Problems with xbrlapi

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon Nov 16 16:19:32 EST 2020

Hello,

John J. Boyer, le ven. 13 nov. 2020 05:42:54 -0600, a ecrit:
> Right after the reboot Mate and Orca handled the Braille keyboard properly, responding to all keys.
[...]
> Then I started xbrlapi from Terminal the keys responded as they have been,
> that is everything worked except backspace, enter and the up and down arrows.

That looks odd, are you sure you do not have two versions of brltty
(thus xbrlapi) installed?

Would the left/right arrows work ni the second case?

I wrote:
> Could you recompile xbrlapi from the brltty 6.1 source, with
> #define DEBUG
> uncommented from Programs/xbrlapi.c?

I forgot to mention: when running xbrlapi by hand after that, please
redirect the output to a log file:

xbrlapi > log.txt 2>&1

and type backspace, enter, up/down, and then post the log file here so
we can have a look at the details.

Samuel