[BRLTTY] strange behavior udev and systemd

Aura Kelloniemi kaura.dev at sange.fi
Wed Nov 25 08:03:45 EST 2020

Hi

Dave Mielke <Dave at mielke.cc> writes:
 > [quoted lines by Aura Kelloniemi on 2020/11/24 at 18:46 +0200]
 > >This probably is not enough, if there is a "system-wide" instance of BRLTTY
 > >running, for example if if the main method of connecting one's display is via
 > >Bluetooth.

 > Only USB connections are managed by systemd. I don't know of any way (maybe
 > there is one that I don't know about) to automatically start brltty for a given
 > Bluetooth device.

Sorry of being imprecise. I meant that using BrlAPI will fail, if an automatic
instance is started while there is already anther instance of BRLTTY running.
This probably cannot be fixed easily. That is the reason why I want to disable
the USB udev rules. i'm also afraid that this peculiarity is going to hit
users who are not very experienced.

--
Aura