[BRLTTY] strange behavior udev and systemd

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Wed Nov 25 10:55:48 EST 2020

[quoted lines by Aura Kelloniemi on 2020/11/25 at 15:03 +0200]

>Sorry of being imprecise. I meant that using BrlAPI will fail, if an automatic
>instance is started while there is already anther instance of BRLTTY running.

That isn't a problem. Well, it was a bit of a problem before the latest fix to
the udev rules. Now it works exactly as it should. Connecting a braille device
via USB starts up an instance of brltty for that device, and disconnecting the
device stops that instance. Several instances, one for each device, can be
concurrently running.

>This probably cannot be fixed easily. That is the reason why I want to disable
>the USB udev rules.

I think you can now go back to using the udev rules. Just be sure to be using a
brltty from the latest master.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |