[BRLTTY] strange behavior udev and systemd

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Thu Nov 26 10:54:32 EST 2020

[quoted lines by Mario Lang on 2020/11/26 at 08:50 +0100]

>There is no way to automatically determine what the "right" BRLTTY
>instance would be.  It depends on what the user wants.

This is something I've been thinking about from time to time. What we really
need is for a given USB device to be associated with a gien brltty.conf file.
Perhaps this could be inferred by the driver that's been specified via the udev
rules (i.e. via $BRLTTY_BRAILLE_DRIVER).

>They will likely need to configure the no-api directive in the
>respective brltty.conf to avoid conflicts.

Or specify a specific Unix socket name or BrlAPI session number via each
brltty.conf file.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |