[BRLTTY] strange behavior udev and systemd

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu Nov 26 14:05:24 EST 2020

Hello,

Aura Kelloniemi, le jeu. 26 nov. 2020 11:42:54 +0200, a ecrit:
> But what if I had open BrlAPI connections? They are still open, but
> they are being served by the BRLTTY talking to the (now non-existent)
> Bluetooth receiver.

If the bluetooth-serving BRLTTY daemon is still running, yes. But if it
gracefully shuts down, BrlAPI clients will get disconnected, and once
the USB-serving BRLTTY daemon establishes its BrlAPI socket, BrlAPI
clients will reconnect to it.

> Another way of course would be to redesign BrlAPI's and BRLTTY's co-operation,
> so that one BrlAPI server could handle more devices than just one. This would
> be a lot of work though.

That's actually on our long-term TODO-list, we were thinking about
an intermediate server between BrlAPI clients and BRLTTY, that would
multiplex output and input. Of course questions raise quickly, such as
what to report to clients when the sizes of the devices are not the
same.

Samuel