[BRLTTY] Unicode braille patterns

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Fri Oct 23 07:44:48 EDT 2020

[quoted lines by Dave Mielke on 2020/10/22 at 10:14 -0400]

>The support for them is in the core. The order is to look for braille patterns,
>and then in the text table. I suppose we could look in the text table first,
>thus making it possible for the table to define them.

This can be done, but we must first ask a question. The current order is:

   1) Is it a braille pattern.
   2) Is the character defined within the text table.
   3) Does the text table define the replacement character.
   4) Use all eight dots.

The question is: Should 1 (is it a braille pattern) be moved to be between 2
and 3 or between 3 and 4. Logiclly it should be moved to between 3 and 4, but
that means that internal braille pattern support wouldn't work if the text
table defines the replacement character.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |