[BRLTTY] Cut and paste creates clipboard bugs

MENGUAL Jean-Philippe mengualjeanphi at free.fr
Tue Oct 27 07:21:23 EDT 2020

Hi,

BRLTTY 6.1. I run one session with a Handytech braille screen, and one with:
brltty -b ba -x a2 --release-device -X type=terminal

in the GUI session under MATE.

1. On the terminal, select a region and copy it (or cut it) via brltty keys
2. Switch to another apps via alt-tab
3. Select a text and press ctrl-x
4. Try to paste with ctrl-v

result: does not work always. ctrl-v often just does nothing, while the
text has actually been cut. Not systematic, but frequent. The workaround
I found so far is: press ctrl-x twice. But I guess it is not as cleas as
we want.

I also will try to see how to report crash bugs, the terminal brltty
becomes unstable.

Available for any further helpto debug

Regards

--