[BRLTTY] Low-level BrlAPI questions

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu Apr 15 19:16:58 EDT 2021

Dave Mielke, le jeu. 15 avril 2021 08:55:58 -0400, a ecrit:
> I think it should be easy to write a UTF-8 string, and easy shouldn't require the programmer to have to calculate the UTF-8 character count. The programmer should, in the simple case, still be able to pass nothing more than a quoted string.

This is actually already what brlapi__writeText provides when
the current locale is UTF-8, which is the common situation for
programmers.

If the current locale is not UTF-8, brlapi___writeText would have to
compute the number of characters by hand, we'd rather as well make the
server manage all of this by not specifying the regionSize and just pass
the padding/truncating flag I proposed in the other mails.

Samuel