[BRLTTY] Adding support for new HumanWare devices

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Wed Aug 4 10:32:46 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by Étienne Carrier on 2021/08/04 at 13:07 +0000]

>First I've realised that we added the BI20X with support for the command keys but the BI20X doesn't have command keys. Here's a patch to remove them

Thanks. Committed.

>(tried to push to the branch but I wasn't able to, maybe the branch is protected) :

None of the branhes are open for anyone to push directly to.

>Second thing is that the table folder for HumanWare might be missing a BI40X.ktb,

That one is easy to explain. It was a new file and I'd forgotten to add it after applying the patch. It's added now.

>unless you somehow use the same table file for the BI40 ( and the Tables/Input/hw/BI40.ktb) and the BI40.

No. I just didn't notie it right away since, witout an actual device, there was nothing for me to test.

>I have more time this morning, I'll try to investigate the lagging issue on the BI40X. I'll do some testing with other screen reader just to be sure.

Thanks. Since the 20X is done the same way and is working properly, this one, to me, is a bit of a mystery.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |