[BRLTTY] Canute on Android

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Thu Aug 5 14:37:26 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by E M Rogers on 2021/08/05 at 16:59 +0100]

>Checking USB OTG.

Do you mean that there's a checkbox for USB OTG? I haven't seen such a thing on Android.

>Fails on the Android 8 device I have to develop with
>(Unihertz Jelly Pro). Works on another Android 8 device (Blackberry KeyOne).

To confirm: You are using an OTG cable?

this kind of problem is best researched by looking at a debug log that covers the driver's attempt to start. Do you know how to use the adb logcat command to grab a copy of the Android system log?

On brltty's Advanced Settings screen, there's a Log Level and a Log Categories setting. I don't think that setting the Log Level to Debug is useful in this case, but, of course, you can if you'd like to see lots of logs. What I think you should do, however, is at least enable three of the log categories: USB I/O, Input Packets, and Output Packets. That should be enough to see where it's failing.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |