[BRLTTY] BRLTTY does not work in emergency shell

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sat Aug 14 01:40:14 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by Rob Hudson on 2021/08/13 at 16:24 -0500]

>BRLTTY 6.3 on arch linux.
>The other day there was a problem with some of my fs mounts, and I was kicked into emergency shell. I am uncertain of when this change took place, but BRLTTY no longer works there, although it did last year.

Maybe it had to do with whatever problem dropped your system into emergency mode.

Another possibility is that the volumes are usually initially mounted read-only in emergency mode. It should work but maybe something new is getting in the way.

>I could not even start it manually by typing brltty at (what I assumed) was the command prompt.

What error message(s) did you get?

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |