[BRLTTY] BRLTTY does not work in emergency shell

Rob Hudson rob_hudson3182 at opopanax.net
Sat Aug 14 02:03:22 EDT 2021

Dave Mielke <Dave at mielke.cc> wrote:
> Maybe it had to do with whatever problem dropped your system into emergency mode.
>
> Another possibility is that the volumes are usually initially mounted read-only in emergency mode. It should work but maybe something new is getting in the way.

That's possible. I'm not sure what it would be or how to trace it out, because I did not have any eyeballs around to read the screen. The problem volumes were storage volumes and not the main / device.

> >I could not even start it manually by typing brltty at (what I assumed) was the command prompt.
>
> What error message(s) did you get?

I'm not sure, because as stated above I did not have eyes to read it. I'm just curious to wonder if anything changed in brltty's execution/startup that would make it unable to start in such a circumstance.