[BRLTTY] Introducing myself and asking for help

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sat Aug 14 10:35:01 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by Brandt Steenkamp on 2021/08/14 at 11:16 +0200]

>nothing I do makes BRLTTY work with my Humanware BrailleOne on Arch.

Are you using brltty 6.3 on that system?

Is the BrailleOne connected to it via USB?

Could you please capture a debug log that covers brltty trying to connect to the BrailleOne, and then let us have a look at it? To do that, add these two options when invoking brltty:

   -L/pth/to/logfile (this is an uppercase -L)
   -ldebug,usb,inpkts,outpkts (this is a lowercase -l)

Rather than using command line options, you can also do it in /etc/brltty.conf like this:

   log-file /path/to/logfile
   log-level debug,usb,inpkts,outpkts

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |