[BRLTTY] The braillists forum and an article about reading in braille

Adrian van Bloois adrian at pa0rda.nl
Sun Aug 29 16:44:48 EDT 2021

Hi Sebastien,
Before I retired I worked in the computer business myslef for almost 40
years.
I was a Linux/Unix system engeneer and system manager.

As far as your second point, I always used 80 cell displays, except for
the first two years when I had a teltype producing 40 chars wide paper
output. I never ever wanted less then 80 cells, when things change on the
line you are reading you need to know immediatly befor the next value
appears. This is absolulely crucian in monitoring live systems.
If you're familar with Linux you could try e.g.: top -d 1
Lines can be very long and you don't know if something has changed at the
end of the line.
I'm surprised you use 40 cell displays, I could never have propperly do
my job without using an 80 cell display.

For software development is might be different, although the makeup of a
program can contribute enormously to the readibily, even for pour sighted
people like us.

	Best wishes

		Adrian

--
	Adri P. van Bloois

       "The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else
   will save it."
		Robert Swan.