[BRLTTY] The braillists forum and an article about reading in braille

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Sun Aug 29 23:53:34 EDT 2021

Dear Adrian,

My assumption is that, for you as well as for me, the keyword is
habbits. I guess that we both have the bias of our own habbits, which
makes us believe that the solution the know is the most appropriate one,
but perhaps it's just because we know it and then it talks only to us.

Still I agree that reading top is difficult.

For code formatting yes indentation matters, even when reading code in
braille, in my expericence. Still, I know that people manage to program
with just speech synthesis and I have really no idea how they do to deal
with indentation in that case: whether it's useful to them, how easy it
is to produce correctly indented code or to check that a code is
correctly indented, but for these two last things code formatting tools
may help. It remains thefact that it may be difficult with speech
synthesis to apprehend the indentation and thus the structure of the
code, but perhaps here it's me being biased by the lack of practisewith
speech synthesis.

Best wishes,

Sébastien.