[BRLTTY] Tr: Braillists Forum: The Canute 360

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Wed Dec 8 15:52:17 EST 2021

Dear all,

I'm forwarding htis message which may be of interest to some of you. A
multi-line braille display...

----- Forwarded message from george at techno-vision.co.uk -----

From: george at techno-vision.co.uk
Subject: Braillists Forum: The Canute 360
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 20:39:49 -0000
To: braillists at googlegroups.com

[I did ask a moderator if it was UK to post the following]

I'm delighted to say that the Canute -360 is finally rolling off the
production line, and that we now have stocks here in Northampton, UK.

For those who don't quite know what a Canute is, it is primarily a braille
device mainly for reading *.BRF" files.  (That is, "Braille Ready Format")

What is so special is that it displays 9 lines of 40 braille cells.  Aside
from books, it is an ideal format for subjects such as mathematics and music
where ideally you want to see more than one line at a time.

We've no wish to bog the list down with questions, and so have started two
specific lists.

"canute" is intended for anyone who either has a Canute already, or who
wants to know more.

"canute-news" is intended ideally for all Canute owners to advise of any new
firmware, etc.. (This is a one way list only - you cannot post to it!)

To join, send an e-mail with the Subject "canute" or "canute-news" to either
or both to:

Canute-request at freelists.org <mailto:Canute-request at freelists.org>

Or

Canute-news-request at freelists.org <mailto:Canute-news-request at freelists.org>

Although travel can be difficult in the current situation, if you live
around Birmingham or Northampton, we may be able to arrange a demonstration.
Contact details in signature below.

I have certainly been double jabbed and had my booster shot.

All the best

George W F Bell

Managing Director

Duxbury UK Master Distributor