[BRLTTY] brltty and speech

Christian Schoepplein chris at schoeppi.net
Fri Dec 10 08:28:39 EST 2021

Hi Dave,

I like to reopen the discussion about improving speech support in brltty
:-).

On Wed, Sep 01, 2021 at 12:30:27PM +0200, Christian Schoepplein wrote:
>On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 03:16:14PM -0400, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
>>I use autospeak all the time. That is, whenever the braille window moves
>>to a different line then the TTS immediately reads the content of the
>>whole line. This allows me to read the line in braille simultaneously
>>with the TTS if I need a "visual" appraisal, or just let the TTS read it
>>on its own. This is very efficient as no additional commands on top of
>>braille navigation are needed to trigger speech output.
>
>Agreed. But there is a terible bug which makes working with speech only very
>difficult in some situations.
>
>Lets say you have the following lines in a file:
>
>test123
>test234
>test567
>
>In some situations, and I think it is when such lines that differ only im
>some characters on the beginning of a line and if those lines are at the end
>of a screen, the content of the first line is spoken fully and the second
>and third line is spoken only partialy (in the example test is not longer
>spoken for the second and third line).

Because I had this issue several times during the last hour I' am courious
if you had time to look into it and if you have an idea how this could be
fixed?

Please let me know if you need more infos about the problem or if I can help
anyhow to get tis fixed. Shall I open an issue on Github for a rminder on
this problem?

Ciao and thanks for your great work,

  Schoepp