[BRLTTY] xbrltty questions

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Wed Dec 29 14:41:18 EST 2021

Hello,

Alexander Epaneshnikov, le mer. 29 déc. 2021 22:32:25 +0300, a ecrit:
> pressing perkins button on my focus 80 gives me:
> xbrlapi: Couldn't translate keysym 01002801 to keycode.

Here xbrlapi is receiving a braille dot, which is not supposed to happen.

Which version of brltty is this? Which braille device is this? Normally
it's brltty that translates the perkins chord to a character, so that
xbrlapi can just synthesize it in Xorg.

> now brltty reads the terminal, but I would like orca to control brltty in the
> terminal.

What do you mean by "orca to control brltty"?

> can I somehow disable reading any content in x11 without editing
> startup script?

Disabling reading in what? orca or brltty?

Samuel