[BRLTTY] mantis q40

Mario Lang mlang at blind.guru
Sun Feb 14 17:27:20 EST 2021

Dave Mielke <Dave at mielke.cc> writes:

> [quoted lines by Florian Beijers on 2021/02/10 at 17:14 +0100]
>
>>manually trusting the device first,
>
> Trusting only matters insofar as when connection to the host is being requested
> by the device. That isn't the case with brltty, i.e. it's always the case that
> brltty on the host requests a connection to the device.

Guessing here, but the poster has described that the Mantis has a
bluetooth keyboard.  My HT ActiveStar does a similar thing.  Keyboard
connected via USB to the device, but if you use it via Bluetooth,
keycodes are not sent inline with the braille protocol, but sent via
bluetooth HID.  In that case, yu need to trust the remote device such
that the keyboard can open a connection to the host, since that is how
bluetooth keyboards usually work.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕